....it's all good....

Thursday, January 24, 2008

broken mirror

i'm not superstitious. but somehow things... 'not-so regular' things just keep happening and it's creeping me out a little now. i'm sure you heard about broken mirror bring 7 years of bad luck... some said to break a mirror meant to break one's health... some even said a broken mirror is foretelling a death in a household within a year... how spooky is that.

last night our bathroom mirror just fell and broke. i didn't break it ...nobody did...we are not even anywhere near it. it just fell off on its own. and mind you, it was quite securely attached to the wall. under normal circumstances, i would have waive it off casually. couldn't have cared less.

however, if the 'not-so regular' things happen too frequent. one after another consecutively. it's kinda gets to you. must admit- it did gets to me a little last night. i stared at myself in the mirror (another unbroken mirror of course) looking at any tell-tale sign that might give way that my days are numbered. any black aura seeping out of me. any screaming banshee sucking the daylight out of me. believe me you ...i started talking to myself too.

"hey, you are not really gonna die on me so soon -are you? don't just look back with that rosy cheek. if you are really that sick... if you are going to give up on me, throw me some indication, will ya? at least i don't have to waste money and time trying to save you. "

yep. gone cuckoo a bit. but you know me, i came round. i always did. come on, after all that i have been through.... how could i beat myself up over a broken mirror??!!

now tell me. lie to me if you have to..... am i being silly?
posted by lisaOne at 9:00 PM

21 Comments:

I don't even have to lie.. You were just being a little... a wee bit silly! Of course! But who can blame you? I think I would have talked to myself as well, and I am not prone to such soliloquy unless if it was to curse under my breath.. or to congratulate myself for some small little thing that went well earlier. Actually, your conversation with yourself was pretty good! :-) I couldn't have said it better. Haha.. Hey, is touching wood superstitious?

5:20 AM  

...moaning in delight?!!..... :O

8:39 AM  

Dear Lisa, stop being silly, of course it is hard I know. But, at least don't think about it and PRAY! God will answer you and He will have the answer. Be more positive , you have successfully gone so far now, you're not going to believe in just a "broken mirror" aren't u?

8:47 AM  

..just finished watching Beowulf... Uncle Joe called round earlier, after a grand fish dinner. :-)

9:18 AM  

No no no, dun think silly-ly.

You should feel glad coz NO ONE hurt by the broken mirror!

11:26 AM  

aiks.got such grandmother's tale kah...tarak lah...tell u what, my house oso ada mirror broken, it was broken when we move house when we haven't even hung it!! Anything happen..tarak lah..don't be nuts...go get some sleep OK

11:28 AM  

For me i don't believe all these things. Pray to god and believe in god. Don't think so much, it won't be anything bad going to happen. Cheer up Lisa!

3:21 PM  

I did break a mirror when I was very young and my bro frightened me. However nothing happen to me also.

If you don't believe, it will not happen.

9:35 PM  

Sigh!Friend wake up!!!No such things don't make urself suffer juz because of the old grandma tale ok!I'm sure GOD will be wif u and protect u.Cheer up!

11:17 PM  

don't worry so much...luckily noone was hurt! as scary it may be..(few accidents happening in a row)...thank God that you all are not hurt:P

1:11 AM  

Superstitions do nothing but scare us. It's just a random happening, the mirror falling and breaking. No worries about it!
It's a good thing no one was hurt though

5:05 PM  

I heard about the tale of the broken mirror but then, u did not break it.

Maybe it's time for you to get a new mirror, that's the tell tale sign of it....

12:26 AM  

no not silly, jst being human. i wld also a worry a little bit there. on a brighter side, my sis broke a mirror before and so did my friend....nothing happened to them also!

6:53 PM  

choi choi... no such thing la..

1:57 PM  

It's natural to start having irrational thoughts when fear and uncertainty creeps in. When there seem to be no logical or rational explanation for it. Think about it, are people not fearful of the things they know nothing about?

I am fearful of things going well. When they get too well. Because I am always fearful of when the bubble will burst. It's a bad trait. I am busy looking behind me, below me, above me, I fail to see what is in front of me and enjoy the present. Fears prevents us from living.

I may be way off the mark here, but if I were in your shoes, my greatest fear would be death. Esp when I have fought so hard so far. My greatest fear would be leaving my family behind. I am healthy now, but every now and then, I think about what would happen if something were to happen to me. Sometimes I am paralysed wtith fear at the thought of leaving my babies at such a tender age. But you know what, life goes on. They will get through the pain and they will grow up, with or without me.

Some days, I am okay with dying. Some days, I'm not. But if it happens, it happens. I cannot stop it. The only thing I can is do the best I can while I can still do it.

Anyway, your mirror was probably already loose and you didn't notice it earlier. Go and check all your other mirrors.. :D

3:47 PM  

Nah..don't worry about such ...silly thing...hee..:P

Thank god no one was hurt when the mirror fell..see, you're lucky! :)

5:15 PM  

Hey, people say '3 sui 6 wong' in cantonese. 3 bad things happened- your husband's car, your car and the mirror. So now is the 6 'wong' things on their way to you.
:) Don't you feel excited about it with 6 good things coming to you? Cheer up!

12:38 PM  

Umm...yes! Believe in yourself, believe in love and believe in God =)

12:44 PM  

i know your feel, but i believe God will always by your side. :)

Cheer up!

10:39 AM  

My family always have this saying... when bad things happen, it will happen continuosly for 3 times, after the third time all good things will be coming along...

"sam sui lok wong" if you don't understand the cantanese, it means '3 bad 6 good' dont ask me where the other 1 going, i don't know....
Since the 3 bad things oredi happen (husb car, ur car & mirror broken) good thing is on your way....

11:40 AM  

A broken mirror means nothing. Please don't scare yourself and dwell over a broken mirror.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home