....it's all good....

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

MiNi CRiSiS

i thought i can cut some slack this cycle but boy, am i wrong. i'm having a mini crisis at home. my hubby is down with flu. Brad has multiple ulcers in his mouth....very high fever....not eating....all weepy, whiny and obviously in pain...paed suspect he has contracted hand foot mouth virus- heck, where he get that from?...i haven't even send him to nursery.

that's not all, a day after- Matt came down with very high fever....so bad that he shivered and shuddered....never happened before and scared the shit out of me. initially we thought he caught Brad's virus but paed confirmed that he had a very nasty throat infection.

my three boys are down with three different viruses and i don't even have an immune system....kinda freakish. i freaked out over the kids and my mom freaked out over me. everybody is freaking out....worrying about this and that. what if i catch the virus and get too sick to carry on treatment...what if this and that.

however, i can't be bothered. i'm a mom and having cancer can't change that. when my kid cries and wants me to carry..i will carry and soothe him. when my kid complaints he is cold and want me to hug.... i will wrap a blanket over him and cuddle him close till the shiver goes away.

yes, the risk and stake is high but i remembered something i read from a book not long ago that make total sense. here is an extract i love..

anxiety splits out energy between today's priorities and tomorrow's problems. part of our mind is on the now, the rest is on the not yet. the result is half minded living.
meet today's problems with today's strength. don't start tackling tomorrow's problems until tomorrow. you do not have tomorrow's strength yet. you simply have enough for today.


i believe i'm doing the right thing. leave tomorrow's problem until tomorrow.
the kids are recovering now and i'm so, so exhausted.....

i will be back once thing settles a little.
posted by lisaOne at 10:01 PM

16 Comments:

I think you are on the right track. Don't worry about tomorrow's problem. I hope all your boys recover soon and you will regain your energy too. Keeping you in my prayers.

12:30 AM  

Just follow your heart and don't worry about tomorrow...

Speedy recovery to your boys and you take good care of yourself.

*Hugs*

12:45 PM  

You won't know what's going to happen tomorrow so do what you think is right at this moment, this min, this sec. Speedy recovery to all of you.... Big big hugzsss...

1:39 PM  

Don't worry..God will protect you n your family. Get well soon...

4:48 PM  

Hope they will all get well soon..

I think you are doing the thing that most mothers would do, but just take some precaution as and when you can.

Really really, I hope we were closer, and you are my neighbour or something, so I can help you with the kids when needed.

I just wish them speedy recovery.

*HUGS*

5:59 PM  

i'm sure they'll be ok very soon :). what comes tomorrow, is another story, what matters most is today!!

2:58 AM  

you have my support always.. :)
don't worry alright?
may God bless you and your family yea.. :)

8:49 AM  

Hi! I haven't been here since I last saw that beautiful photo of your boys sharing the earphones.

Remember, moms always know best? Trust your heart and trust God. He will give you strength even when you think you have none left.

I hope your boys get well soon. Have a good rest yourself when they are napping too.

6:28 PM  

nothing can be compare to a mother's love.
yeah i also believe that .... no point in worrying. i know the pain of ulcers. denisha had one and it was like the end of the world .. i can imagine brad having multiples .. poor thing ... must have lost some weight from not eating. the doc can give some pain relieving medication for him to start eating and drinking. hope all your boys recover soon.

4:41 PM  

Hey Lisa, glad to hear yr kids are recovering. I'm sure they'll be up & jumping soon. Take care of yourself and rest well! God bless!

Grace

8:24 PM  

You are a strong woman, hang in there.

10:35 PM  

Am not sure if you'd received the EM-X, but here's the write up about the product :
http://www.scdworld.com/shop/product_PDF/010101.pdf

Hope it helps.

1:55 PM  

Dearest Lisa,

I have just gone through your posts of the past few months. I am so so sorry you and your family had to go through this. I held my composure as I went through your journey, but when I got to the 'bald' post, I couldn't hold it in anymore. I wept at the thought of what your boys, husband and parents had gone through and how close they were to losing you.

It has been a very harrowing ride, hasn't it? And who knows when it be over. Looking back now, you do realise how much adversity you had overcome and no matter how bad things were, you always rose above it.

Yours is truly a story of courage and an advocacy of the power of positive thinking. I am so humbled by you that I am too ashamed to even dwell any more on my petty problems.

I wish you and your family all the very best. For what it's worth, please know that I am among the many who hope and pray that the sun continues to shine for you every day.

4:46 PM  

oh dear...but you made the right decision to take care of your boys then ...take tomorrow when it comes. So true!

10:28 PM  

Hi Lisa,

Hope everyone is well. Only just checked out your blog and read about your "mini crisis". You are truly one brave woman and I salute you for your courage.
I have been ill myself and am recovering from an operation. But being the whiner I am, I don't think I'm half as brave as you.

10:40 AM  

Hi there ur post yes u are rite we no need to think wat will happen future juz live our daily life fullest.

Hope ur boys will get well soon, so do u take care ok!

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home