....it's all good....

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Op DAY + 3

continuance from Op DAY + 2.
Friday, 18th May

i woke up that morning feeling like an overcharged energizer battery. i was so excited i couldn’t wait to get the day started. i’m up very early…cleaned up and changeover to my own outfit… i’m done with the hospital gown-bygones.

now that I have my green card, i was so ever ready to go for my walk outside ICU…i notified the nurse and dashed off quickly…just in case she stop me.

i’m not sure this is how a prisoner will feel when first release back to the world…but the feeling is so good that i’m on adrenalin high for the whole day. it’s still early…the place is quiet and fresh…i went straight to the little park within the hospital compound. i just sat there on a bench for almost an hour…breathing the outside air …soaking the morning sunshine… just living that moment. it did wonder to the soul and mind. it’s good to feel alive.

thereafter I went back to my room…took my breakfast…hanged around a little while waiting anxiously for my physiotherapy to take me to the gym. she came around 10 am to pick me up to the gym. I’m not sure why but she was so proud of me that she kept announcing to her co-workers that i’m her 1st ICU patient at the gym. once again, technically i’m not an ICU patient and she knew I’m stuck at ICU because there is no ward room available. anyway, since she was so proud of me and there was no real harm …i grinned at everybody she announced to.

i did some stretching exercises, some light treadmill walking, bicycling and steps. i took it well and there was no shortness of breath…well done ☺. when I got back to my room, my hubby was waiting for me and i dragged him straight away to accompany me for a hair wash at the saloon.

just a couple of days ago…i was lying in bed totally dependent on others but today, i’m doing things on my own…the transformation is so inspiring and liberating.

when my surgeon did his ward visit during lunch, he came over to my room…he stood there staring at me for a while.

…there I was sitting there in my own outfit…with my hair clean and let down…eating my lunch...with a smile and a cheerful 'hi'......
i definitely don’t look like an ICU patient…not even a patient…I look just too normal.


for the first time, he had nothing to comment but just waved his hand walking away saying " I see you tonight”.

when you let the good vibes roll… it will multiple by itself. they got me a room and I’m out of ICU that day.

i took my shower…and that night, I was watching American Idol finale for a while before i decided to call it day. ever since I’m admitted…this is the only night I slept well. those intermittent disruption in the middle of the night to take my temperature…blood pressure etc. etc… doesn’t bug me at all.
posted by lisaOne at 6:55 AM

3 Comments:

Haha, sounds like you are doing great! Yeah, nothing like a good wave of good chi, eh? Let the good vibes roll!!

4:41 PM  

wah.. look like u enjoying to the fullest now ;) I m sure you look vy healthy, brimming with life n the sun shine on ur face ;)

8:28 PM  

Haha.. the rate you are going.. I bet you probablly made it to the hospital news letter!!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home