....it's all good....

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

b4 i hibernate....

i have my cylce 4 DAY 1 treatment today....the long 9am-5pm drip-o-drip treatment....the treatment that made me all jittery and sleepless for the past 2 days just anticipating it. yeah, it's that scary to me despite having my security blanket 'Emend'. anyway, that's done and before i go hibernating, i need to open my 'GET INSPIRED' cookie jar that will holler out loudly ''STOP WHINING & START LIVING" whenever open..... to put in a memory and safekeep this day of my life.

i met a few very GREAT people today. their experiences shrunk me to the size of a poodle staring up at infinity to a group of wise and courageous people....people that have a hard life and yet still living up to it.

01. Mdm I, 70 years old. diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2003 and have a relapsed last year....stage 1V. it has been an awful experience for her with both side effects of the disease and chemo. 8-9 months chemo by now and doc are talking of taking off chemo by end of Oct- good! she is always cheery, friendly with a keep moving forward attitude.

02. Mr. A, i think he is around late fifties.diagnosed with stage IV colorectul cancer. has been trying every single drug available for his cancer for the past one year and yep, he has been on chemo for a year and probably will continue to be on chemo for his lifetime. doc gave him 0-3 months prognosis and this is what it means- '0' means anytime if his disease progress and '3' means he may be able to hold it up for 3 months once the disease progress if he is lucky. there is no completed chemo cycle for him...he will be living his remaining lifetime on chemo till either his body gave in to the drugs or the disease...he keeps going.

03. Mr. K,, Stage IV stomach cancer- a relapsed. he had a surgery 3 weeks ago to remove half of his stomach. last week, he fainted and was sent to ICU. today he came back for a follow up and came to the chemo common room to visit his old friend, Mdm I. he is about to start his treatment soon, once he feels better. my total respect and hat offs to him.

hi people, Mr.K is 81 years old. despite his condition, he didn't say i have enough of life and this is it. instead he told me, "take whatever chance there is". his courage....and determination....and passion for life is unebelievable. i think i shrunk a further 2 sizes smaller and probably let out a poodle yarp. i feel so small. so green and so raw among them. suddenly i feel like i don't want to compromise my life....i want a full ripe life. to be given the chance to walk down the hall of fame of OLD AGE.

my doc used to say "you are not stage I & II (when survival and cure rate is high)....you are not stage IV (the late or final stage when tmt is to prolong life)...you are stage IIIA. someone that we really need to watch out for and work extra hard cause possibility of cure is slimmer but definitely possible .

today that HOPE felt BIGGER and blinks BRIGHTER.
i'm closing the cookie jar with a tear in my eyes now.


ps. some of you have asked to have a look of me as of now....some has even asked me for quite sometime already. mmmm....okay, so the 'aneroxia' drug-junkie impression is not so convincing-huh? i know you miss me :). okay then. i will show you....i will even show you more than just a glimpse of me....in my next post after i wake up from my hibernation 'k?
btw, if anybody knows how to do photos collage with photoshop, please drop me a note or even point me to your site if you already have a write-up on it- this will definitely speed up the process. cheers.


i need to sleep now.....till then :)
posted by lisaOne at 9:58 PM

10 Comments:

Hi Lisa, I better drop a note to you while I still got internet in KK. It's good to know that you're holding it great & the little gift reminds you of the better side of bloggers *wink*
Glad that you found some people that inspire you to fight for the remaining treatment. God will always be with you and so does us, though we never met.

As for photo collage, you can check out Jazzmint's blog - Photoshop. She have some tutorial on it.

1:00 AM  

Lisa...drop a note to keep you moving and motivated. You can do it..

Ypu, for photo collage..check with Jazzmint..

10:52 AM  

always remember, we are very near the finish line now...so don't despair.

yup I do have photo collage tutorial, I hope you understand what I wrote.

http://jazzmint.net/blog/?p=714

drop me an email if you need any help: jazzmint[@]gmail.com

11:17 AM  

Hi - you're one cute, positive-thinking poodle!

Your 2 cute, cheeky fellas are like chunky, chocolate-ship cookies in the cookie jar, know what I mean? Instant inspiration! =)

You write beautifully - I can't wait for next post.

9:59 PM  

Hi Lisa,I agreed what Kittycat said.My mum always tell me that whenever I feel sad do think of my kids. They will definetly make me feel good.

Do think of God I'm sure he will always be wif u to give ur more strength. Cheers !!

1:02 PM  

Hi Lisa, with the tumour removed, won't you be reclassed back to stage 1?? You will be cured, I just know it. Glad to hear you're now at the final cycle. Many people here in HP have asked me about you. I have shared with them selectively on your blog. I can never describe what you are going thru as well as your blog. We can't wait to have you back!

luv, Dawn

4:33 PM  

hey lisa..
It's s good to hear from you...and hey. you have the right to whine and complain. Hang in there Lisa. I cannot imagine what you are going through but you are one tough cookie! God Bless and I hope to bump into you soon! That's a promise!

1:16 AM  

Picassa makes photo collage so easy.

Keep up the spirit.. I think we're all chiwawas in your presences.. We are so small and yelp too much even for the smallest problem.

You help us to see more into life than just work and chasing after nothingness.

Anyway.. Hugs to you.. and come back soon.

12:12 PM  

Hi Lisa,
Heartfelt bless from me. Pray to God and stay strong. All the best. You will suceed in fighting your sickness.

Cheers, Clare

12:48 PM  

Dear Lisa, Just came across your blog today and my heart goes all the way to you. I will surely pray for your soon and good recovery. Please take care and glad to know you're doing fine now. I will surely come back to read more from you!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home