....it's all good....

Monday, March 17, 2008

you ask...

do i swing widly between tears and rage... do i bend over and bang my head on the floor... do i act like an irrational lunatic with cancer when the blues hit?

well, no. lol.

no doubt cancer add on tons of emotional weights even long after the physical pain subsided. so far, i have not gone for a total meltdown that render me unable to explain my behaviour in the aftermath.

it has its moments but i think i'm coping well.
doing ok. hanging in.
and it's true.

i will not 'mind-dump' my emotion to others either. i kept it pretty much to myself. and will never point fingers to somebody else for my life drama. you won't hear me say this:

"i have cancer. how could you?"

the effect on the other party is even more damaging. even if you are in the wrong, you will automatically shift the guilt to the other party just because you are more vulnerable. so, this is very uncool and i won't play my cancer card this way.

but i don't mind getting a handicapped car park when i'm in a rush and there is no parking space available... yeah. if only.
posted by lisaOne at 1:00 PM

27 Comments:

chup here! hehehe

4:37 PM  

To be honest, I think I also have to be very aware of taking care myself against cancer. I have a cancer family background. My dad got cancer, my aunt and my grandpa as well... I sometimes think how will it feel about it... but until now, I still haven't do anything to check myself...what should I do, LIsa? What is the first step to check ourselves? CA blood test? pap smear? mammography?

I think you are brave, you are such an inspiration... may God always give you strength you need...

I have written my prayer for you, please give me your email add so I can invite you to the post if you want to read it.

5:08 PM  

woman, you're one very tough and strong woman.i like.

5:24 PM  

Hey! you are gorgeous! a tag for you.
http://myecila.blogspot.com/2008/03/forever-friends-award.html

5:39 PM  

I no ask, I no ask...

I just xxxoooxxx, ok?

Oh wait... and no stress, ok? ;)

6:02 PM  

i don't want to go into all the religious blah blah, but can't help saying that He is carrying you and keeping you in His care, thus your strength to carry on and be an inspiration to others. life is a mystery, and you my sweetpea, is a joy to me, and to a lot of people here.
*squeeze butts in to sit closer*

7:06 PM  

*piaks butt, just to be with the In crowd*
I think you're pretty amazing person, with a strong inclination towards the happy side of things.. no doubt you do get side tracked, but don't we? Side tracking is good, cos it LIFTS!!
Yeah.. now, let's lift a bit, see see what's underneath? :-)

7:35 PM  

Be strong and GOD will be wif u. Pray for strength dear!

9:50 PM  

my fil had cancer, and he survived till 12 yrs later. I have a friend whom had cancer during child stage and he's still very much alive today. So there are really proof that...you can live as long as you want!! Just be positive and strong. And we all know you are one very tough woman, can kill 10 tigers ok ;)

7:26 AM  

Strong mind, strong soul, strong heart, strong Lisa! Huggies & Smooches from me and family!

9:36 AM  

You are a strong person and I admire you for that.

9:45 AM  

mood swing seems normal, even healthy people would have mood swing.

you're such a tough lady, i can feel it from your words, so just hope you can keep this "tough". :-)

11:14 AM  

i think i'd be like a lunatic if I found out that i have cancer. I wont be as calm as you sound to be :P
btw, you takes your pictures for you (when you're in the picture)?

4:30 PM  

Lisa, I read through your posts and know you better now.. I love how you handle this cancer.. and thank you for all information you've given me. I will do my check up regularly soon.. never done it before *blushed* and I am not that young.. hehehe. may be we have the same age? hehehe..

Btw, I love the way you took pictures..the cute legs pictures with blurred background.. how did you do that? I have 400d eos digital canon..but can't do that.. teach me! :-)

6:45 PM  

I use 18-250mm tamron lens.. so how to make the blur one?

5:59 PM  

......
*speechless after reading the comments*

I came ready to party. I bought chocolate, strawberry, candles and whip. *drops everything*

*pokes LB, piak misti, kisses lisa*

6:32 PM  

hiyee.. how is u doing today? good? tomorrow, time to rest, zzzz, maybe go for spa...? okie?

xoxo

12:12 AM  

I agree with the rest. You're so positive. Reading your blog is better than reading any inspirational book!

12:34 AM  

hi baby, sorry i was a bit out of action. but i haven't forgotten you one bit okay?
angeles left you two dozen red roses at your office.
i add on yattaa wet kisses!

1:23 PM  

continues kissing where angeles left off..

3:15 PM  

hiya hot mama... u tired today? i'm bushed... very very... dunno why? so sien, so lethargic... so zzzzz eventhough slept so muchi already... the more we sleep, the more tired we get, u thinks?? all Emperor's fault... so now his surname is "Lai"... Albie Lai... kekeke...

momma misti pat pat my pussy just now.. that's why now I'm a bit bit awake... heheee....

oh yeah, u 'found' the 'roses'? (instead of easter eggies that everybody has been hiding! hehe...)

4:26 PM  

thank you for your tips about the camera..will work on it soon! Hm.. Good Friday for you and your family Lisa! God bless you!

5:23 PM  

You are really amazing. How do you do it? How? Must be God's grace.

I used to use the "I'm pregnant, you are not" to shift the guilt.

And my hubby used to say I can use the handicap parking space b'cos I'm handicapped by a baby. :-(

6:57 PM  

Lai?!!!! LOL...
*strips*

1:51 AM  

*removes slippers*

3:55 AM  

*puts on Joe Cocker music*

3:57 AM  

Yes, I can do it Lisa! You are a great tutor! Thank you! :-D

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home